Postgraduate Admissions Criteria
This page provides key information about applying to study on a postgraduate course at BSBI, and contains links to all of our procedures and Admissions policies. Please take the time to read this information before completing your application. BSBI welcomes applications from highly motivated students who show a genuine commitment to their academic achievement. Successful applicants must also demonstrate advanced proficiency in English, allowing them to participate fully in group discussions and writing assignments. All courses adhere to the Uninettuno admissions criteria.
|Academic Qualifications||Strong undergraduate degree from a recognised university.
If you do not meet the academic requirements, you may be assessed on relevant work experience. To take this route, you must have a minimum of 3 years management experience.
|English Language requirements||IELTS 6.0 (not less than 5.5 in any component), PTE 50 + score or equivalent|
The English proficiency test can be waived by the following candidates*:
- English native speakers, or;
- Applicants having completed their schooling in English (i.e. High School Diploma or IB), or;
- Applicants having completed their undergraduate degree in English in an English speaking country.
*According to the Università Telematica Internazionale UNINETTUNO admission criteria.
You must always submit your documents in the official language of the country where you studied. If this language is not English, you must also provide an official translation. This translation should be in English.
- School leaving certificate
- Certificates and diplomas of your completed degree from an internationally recognised higher education institution (university or university college)
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each semester included in your degree
- Letter of motivation (1 page)
- Two reference letters
- Recent passport size photograph (professional, in colour with bright background)
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Complete Application form
We will notify you of our admission decision within 10 working days after receiving your application. There are 3 possible outcomes:
1. You’ve been Accepted
You will receive official unconditional offer letter if you provide all required documents and satisfied entry requirements
2. You’ve been Conditionally Accepted
You will receive official conditional offer letter where we will ask you to provide additional evidence to support your application. After receiving additional documents from you we will review you application and inform you about our decision
3. Your application has been Rejected
You will receive official rejection letter if you have not satisfied programme entry requirements
In case of your acceptance, we will provide you with an unconditional offer letter as well as two copies of your Study Contract. One copy needs to be signed and returned within four weeks to secure your spot on the programme. The other copy needs to be kept for your own records.
The acceptance to the study programme requires a deposit of €2,000 of the Total tuition fee due upon signing the Study Contract. The deposit will be deducted from your total tuition fees.
Once you have accepted our Offer of Admission, we will produce Admission Letter confirming your place on the programme.
If you are a non-EU national, you are required to apply for a student visa in order to start your studies in Germany. To obtain Admissions Letter from BSBI to support your Visa application, you will need to take the following steps:
1. Send us your signed study contract
2. Transfer a deposit of 50% of the Total tuition fee
Students within the European Union (including Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, and Liechtenstein) do not require a German student visa.
Students from the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Japan, and South Korea also do not need a visa to study in Germany. However, you will need to register at the local Residents’ Registration Office and the Aliens’ Registration Office (Ausländeramt) to obtain a residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis) within two weeks of arrival in the country.
If you are from a country not listed above, you will need a student visa for Germany. You must apply for this in the local German embassy or consulate in your home country.
Once you receive your Admissions Letter, you can apply for a student visa immediately. This visa is usually issued for a period of 90 days. If you have to stay more than 3 months, you MUST apply at the Alien Registration Office (Ausländerbehörde) in Berlin to get the proper Residence Permit: “Aufenthaltstitel/Aufenthaltsgenehmigung”.
Online Application Form
Thank you for applying to Berlin School of Business and Innovation. You can login at any time to continue working on your application. Supporting documents should be attached electronically to your application. Here is how it works:
- Create an account with a personal login and password here: apply.berlinsbi.com
- Select the programme and intake you want to apply for
- Complete all sections of the online application
- Submit online application
- Admissions team will liaise with you with regards to next steps