Our master’s programmes have been selected by BSBI among many prestigious international programs offered by Università Telematica Internazionale UNINETTUNO.
The MBA in Maritime and Shipping Management will help you excel in the fast growing shipping industry, broadening your understanding of the maritime domain and giving you the skills to work in an international setting. Start in February 2020!
Pay the deposit by 30 June 2019 and receive up to €2,000* off your tuition fees.
*Please note: students from European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland are entitled to €500 off the tuition fee.
- The course covers essential concepts of maritime and shipping management, including the law of the sea, port and ship cargo operations and management, marine insurance and chartering;
- You will learn how to apply shipping management techniques and concepts to the international maritime sector. As such, you will study management theories and their real-world application in maritime and shipping;
- Develop problem-solving and decision-making skills, which are vital for successful management in the maritime sector;
- In the last term, you will carry out research and prepare a dissertation on a relevant topic of your choice;
- All students will have the option to learn German.
The MBA Maritime and Shipping Management has been designed in order to provide the necessary knowledge and expertise to managers and leaders of the maritime and shipping sector.
Students will gain a distinctive business degree that will let them work overseas, in a wide range of industrial positions, ship operations, marine science, maritime management and operations.
You will also join an international community of students, maritime professionals and shipping management experts around the world which will give you the opportunity to open new horizons in the maritime and shipping sector.
In addition, BSBI’s blended study mode means that you will have the flexibility to fit the course around your schedule, including work and family responsibilities. You will earn an Italian master’s degree with 90 European University Credits (ECTS).
Price: €12,750 (international students) | €6,750 (EU students)*
*Partial scholarships are available.
UNINETTUNO features a diverse and inclusive student body, welcoming attendees from all over the world and from all backgrounds. Many students in this course hail from a professional background in maritime and shipping, also including people who have experience in shipping-related sectors such as banking, chartering and asset management.
During its first three academic terms, the MBA in Maritime and Shipping Management will cover key topics such as Principles of Maritime and Shipping Management, International Law of the Sea, Marine Geography, Chartering and more...
In the final term, you will research and prepare a dissertation on a topic of your choice.
The Modules of the MBA are offered via the blended learning method. Students attend the Online Modules via the Uninettuno University platform and the Residential face-to-face modules at the BSBI Campus in Berlin.
As part of the online modules, students will have the opportunity to attend extracurricular on-campus seminars. Also, they will be able to access the online version of the modules they will attend on campus. This way, a holistic approach is achieved.
Principles of Maritime and Shipping Management
International Law of the Sea
Marine Geography and Oceanography (blended)
Port and Ship Cargo Operations and Management (blended)
The Law of Carriage of Goods by Sea
Marine Environment and Pollution (blended)
Research Dissertation (preparation and submission, on-campus supervision)
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the field of shipping and maritime management, structure and operations;
- Describe the functions of shipping companies, analyse daily running costs and understand dry cargoes and tanker markets;
- Identify the regulatory and legal shipping environment;
- Demonstrate knowledge on International law, including sources of the law, coastal state and flag state jurisdiction, environmental protection and freedom to navigation;
- Describe the responsibilities of the parties involved with the transportations of goods and understand the main clauses of a charter party that describe the responsibilities of the parties involved;
- Identify and explain the context, challenges and opportunities involved in the formulation and implementation of shipping and maritime management policy;
- Understand the nature of marine insurance, the importance it holds in trade and commerce and demonstrate the basic concepts of marine insurance law.
- Delivery: Blended (on campus and online)
- Duration: 18 months
- Intakes: February 2020 | October 2020
- Campus: Berlin
- Degree awarded by Università Telematica Internazionale UNINETTUNO
- Price: €12,750 (international students) / €6,750 (EU students)*
*Scholarships are available.
· A three-year bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution in a related discipline.
· If you do not have a bachelor’s degree, but you have another academic qualification such as an HND or a Level 5 Diploma and/or professional experience, you are also welcome to apply. Your acceptance might be subject to successful sitting to an entrance test and an interview.
English Language requirements
• IELTS – minimum score of 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each component);
• PTE – minimum score of 50 or equivalent.
English proficiency requirements can be waived for:*
• Native English speakers;
• Applicants who completed their education in English (such as a High School diploma or IB);
• Applicants who completed their undergraduate degree in English in an English-speaking country.
*According to the Università Telematica Internazionale UNINETTUNO admission criteria.
You can apply now to study with BSBI! It’s quick and easy, here’s how it works:
- Create an account here: apply.berlinsbi.com;
- Select the programme and intake you want to apply for;
- Complete all sections of the online application;
- Submit online application;
- Our admissions team will liaise with you with regards to next steps
FREE Executive Education course
BSBI is pleased to announce a new partnership with London School of Business and Finance Executive Education (LSBF EE). BSBI master’s students will be able to take advantage of this opportunity and take one of LSBF’s EE courses – the Leadership Development Programme.
The five-day course will be offered to BSBI students completely free of charge and is taught by leading academics, giving you an expert insight into becoming an ideal leader.
By the end of the course, you will be armed with essential knowledge on how to inspire and motivate your staff, carving out a leadership style for yourself that will help you get the most out of your team and make your organisation soar.
The course will focus on:
- Defining leadership;
- Improving your management approach;
- Boosting your communication and coaching skills;
- Understanding emotional intelligence;
- Learning how to build trust and loyalty within your organisation.