Our master’s programmes have been selected by BSBI among many prestigious international programmes offered by Università Telematica Internazionale UNINETTUNO.
The MSc in International Health Management will help you excel in the fast-growing healthcare sector, broadening your understanding of the health management domain and giving you the skills to work in an international setting.
Secure your place by paying the deposit in full before 31 December 2019 and get up to €1,000 off the tuition fees* - find out how to apply here.
*The required deposit for this programme is €2,000. Due to lower tuition fees, students from the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland are entitled to save up to €500 off the tuition fees. We allow our students to transfer the discounts they receive if they choose to defer for one intake. If you choose to defer for more than one intake, the discounts will be reversed and you will have to pay the current price. The overall fee can increase based upon the current fees of the intake period which you are deferring to.
- The course covers the essential concepts of health management, including leadership and decision making, health strategy, operations management, health economics, information technology and research methods.
- You will learn how to apply management and business concepts to the international health management sector. As such, you will study management theories and their real-world application in healthcare.
- Develop problem-solving and decision-making skills, which are vital for successful management in the healthcare sector.
- In the last term, you will carry out research and prepare a dissertation on a relevant topic of your choice.
- All students will have the option to learn German.
The MSc in International Health Management has been designed in order to provide the necessary knowledge and expertise to managers and leaders of the health sector. The emphasis is on health management in an international and local setting and the programme draws on an emerging body of knowledge and evidence to allow comparisons across different countries.
You will also join an international community of students, scholars and health management professionals around the world, which will give you the opportunity to excel in the healthcare sector.
In addition, BSBI’s blended study mode means that you will have the flexibility to fit the course around your schedule, including work and family responsibilities. You will earn an Italian master’s degree with 90 European University Credits (ECTS).
Price*: €11,800 (international students)| €6,300 (EU students)
*Partial Scholarships are available.
During its first three academic terms, the MSc in International Health Management will cover key topics such as Management of Health Organisations, Decision Making, Planning and Leadership, Socioeconomic Research in Health Services, Financial and Economic Management of Health Organisations and more...
In the final term, you will research and prepare a dissertation on a topic of your choice.
The modules of this programme are offered via the blended learning method. Students will attend the online modules via the Uninettuno University platform and face-to-face at the BSBI campus in Berlin.
During the online modules, students will have the opportunity to attend extracurricular face-to-face seminars. Also, they will be able to access the online version of the modules they will attend on campus. This way, a holistic approach is achieved.
- Principles of Health Management (blended)
- Financial and Economic Management of Health Organisations (blended)
- Human Resources Management and Health Organisations
- Information Technology in Health Systems
- Decision Making, Planning and Leadership
- Anthropology and Sociology of Health and Medical Care (blended)
- National Health Systems and Health Policy (blended)
- Ethical, Cultural and Behavioural Aspects of Health (blended)
- Management of Health Organisations
- Socioeconomic Research in Health Services
- German Language studies
- Leadership Development Programme (LSBF Executive Education)
- Dissertation (preparation and submission, face-to-face supervision)
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the field of health management, planning and policy-making;
- Identify, describe and critically analyse the major issues in management, planning and policy in the health and health related sectors;
- Identify and explain the context, challenges and opportunities involved in the formulation and implementation of health policy within a national health system;
- Review types of policies, situations and issues in the field of health management;
- Apply knowledge and skills in selected areas of health management, planning and policy to local circumstances;
- Describe the role and apply selected techniques of health economics for financial planning;
- Conduct primary and secondary research in order to understand and develop evidence-based practice.
- Delivery: Blended (on campus and online)*
- Duration: 18 months
- Intakes: February | May | October
- Campus: Berlin, Germany
- Degree awarded by Università Telematica Internazionale UNINETTUNO
- Official Italian title: Master di Primo / Secondo Livello
For more information about the Italian Higher Education System please visit cimea.it/en/
- Price: €11,800 (international students)| €6,300 (EU students)
*Students will attend the online modules via the Uninettuno University platform and face-to-face at the BSBI campus in Berlin.
· A three-year bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution in a related discipline.
· If you do not have a bachelor’s degree, but you have another academic qualification such as an HNDs or a Level 5 Diploma and/or professional experience, you are also welcome to apply. Your acceptance might be subject to successful sitting to an entrance test and an interview.
English Language requirements
• IELTS – minimum score of 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each component);
• PTE – minimum score of 50 or equivalent.
English proficiency requirements can be waived for:*
• Native English speakers;
• Applicants who completed their education in English (such as a High School diploma or IB);
• Applicants who completed their undergraduate degree in English in an English-speaking country.
*According to the Università Telematica Internazionale UNINETTUNO admission criteria.
You can apply now to study with BSBI! It’s quick and easy, here’s how it works:
- Create an account here: apply.berlinsbi.com;
- Select the programme and intake you want to apply for;
- Complete all sections of the online application;
- Submit online application;
- Our admissions team will liaise with you with regards to next steps
FREE Executive Education course
BSBI is pleased to announce a new partnership with London School of Business and Finance Executive Education (LSBF EE). BSBI master’s students will be able to take advantage of this opportunity and take one of LSBF’s EE courses – the Leadership Development Programme.
The five-day course will be offered to BSBI students completely free of charge and is taught by leading academics, giving you an expert insight into becoming an ideal leader.
By the end of the course, you will be armed with essential knowledge on how to inspire and motivate your staff, carving out a leadership style for yourself that will help you get the most out of your team and make your organisation soar.
The course will focus on:
- Defining leadership;
- Improving your management approach;
- Boosting your communication and coaching skills;
- Understanding emotional intelligence;
- Learning how to build trust and loyalty within your organisation.
After completing the MSc in International Health Management, you will be able to apply for a range of managerial roles in international health care organisations. Alternatively, you have also the chance to pursue a research degree, such as a PhD, in a related area.